Biosecurity Management Practices for Farmed Animal Species
Page 01 /
Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Discuss the importance of biosecurity in preventing and controlling the spread of disease
- Discuss prevention and management strategies for reducing the risk of introducing and transmitting pathogens on your farm
- Discuss biosecurity threats in species-specific industries and best practices to manage the risks associated with each disease
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- The importance of maintaining best biosecurity practices on your farm for human and animal safety
- Discuss the impacts of biosecurity at the farm, provincial, national, and international level
- Different components of biosecurity and the importance of implementing both internal and external biosecurity practices when possible
- Best biosecurity management strategies for preventing and controlling the spread of pathogens on your farm
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.