Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Describe how veal producers and their veterinarians can practice antimicrobial stewardship without compromising animal health and welfare
- Discuss pre-purchase programs for veal calves as a way to select healthy calves to reduce the need to treat disease
- Review how veal producers can tackle bovine respiratory disease through managing the environment and implementing vaccination protocols
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- How to select the right calf through pre-purchase examinations to avoid introducing disease to your facility
- Arrival strategies for veal farms including vaccination and ways to boost calf immunity
- Bovine respiratory disease in veal calves: causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.