Antimicrobial Stewardship in the Ontario Equine Industry
Page 01 /
Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Discuss the disease process, treatment, and prevention of both Streptococcus equi and Rhodococcus equi pneumonia in foals
- Discuss areas of opportunity for antimicrobial stewardship, where antimicrobials are commonly used (and whether or not it is appropriate), and the importance of disease prevention
- Educate equine owners on the importance of biosecurity and its role in the prevention and control of respiratory disease in horses
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- How Streptococcus and Rhodococcus equi infect animals and how to prevent disease
- The importance of vaccination protocols to reduce disease development, and best management practices to reduce the risk of disease
- The importance of biosecurity for all horse premises in Ontario to consider when new animals arrive at your facility, or when travelling with your horse
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.