Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Describe how swine producers and their veterinarians can practice antimicrobial stewardship without compromising animal health and welfare
- Discuss the importance of biosecurity in reducing disease entry and risk
- Review how swine producers can tackle diarrhea in piglets and porcine respiratory disease through management and prevention strategies
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- Where to find information and resources on biosecurity protocols and practices to reduce the risk associated with disease entry
- Management strategies to boost immunity in nursery piglets, and the importance of excellent hygiene practices to reduce the spread of diarrhea-causing pathogens
- Review the host, environmental, and pathogen properties involved in the development of porcine respiratory disease, as well as treatment and prevention action plans
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.