Page 01 /
Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Demonstrate the importance of antimicrobial resistance to human and animal health
- Educate food animal producers and veterinarians on how to practice the 5 Rs of antimicrobial stewardship
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered
- What antimicrobial resistance is and why it’s so important
- What antimicrobial stewardship is and why it’s so important
- Responsibility: Developing standard operating procedures and treatment protocols
- Reduction: On-farm biosecurity and animal husbandry
- Refinement: Finding the right drug, for the right condition, at the right dosage
- Replacement: Vaccination and emerging technologies
- Review: Monitoring and recording
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides a number of interactive tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click below to get started.