Benchmarking Antimicrobial Use
& Antimicrobials in the Environment
Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Introduce benchmarking and its role in antimicrobial monitoring and stewardship
- Discuss the role of the environment in antimicrobial resistance
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- What benchmarking is, including examples from antimicrobial stewardship programs internationally
- Metrics used during benchmarking and the application of defined daily dose and defined course dose
- Routes of contamination and exposure to antimicrobial resistant bacteria in the environment
- Strategies for prevention of environmental contamination with antimicrobials & antimicrobial resistant bacteria
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.