Page 01 /
The Goal of this FAAST Review is to:
- Discuss the importance of neonatal management in order to set farmed animals up for a successful and productive growing period
- Discuss management strategies and monitoring for optimal health outcomes during late gestation and labour in mammalian species
- Discuss brooding strategies for chick health and optimal water and nutrition conditions for fry
What You’ll Learn/Topics Covered:
- The importance of monitoring farmed animals in late gestation to prevent dystocia and complications that could cause injury and illness in neonates, including piglets, lambs, kids, calves, and foals
- Discuss the importance of colostrum, boosting the quality of it using vaccination protocols, and how to identify if a sufficient quantity has been delivered and consumed by the neonate within the critical time period
- Brooding strategies to ensure chick health and performance in the growing period
- Fry management to ensure optimal growth through predator management, nutrition, and water quality
How Does it Work?
Each FAAST Review provides tools and resources as part of a learning module. Once inside the FAAST Review, you can review the material at your own pace. Follow along with us from page to page to learn the material as we’ve developed it OR choose your own adventure and use the links on the side of each page to explore the content however you like. Click the button below to get started.